Monday, February 3, 2014

Travel Essentials

Well, the time has finally come. I have officially arrived in Florence, Italy and it will now be my home for the next 4 months! Words can’t describe how excited I am to embark on this new journey and to continue sharing with you my passion for a healthy and happy life- European style! Betcha didn’t see that twist coming now did ya!



Before I left for Europe I wanted to buy a few essential items that I love to take with me when I travel. Surprisingly, Florence actually has a ton of healthy restaurants and food stores which is great (to balance out all the gelato and pizza I will be eating!) But for the many weekends that I plan to visit other countries I wanted to be stocked with snacks and supplements that will keep my body running healthy and naturally fueled!


Travel Essentials:

1. Supplement Powders
  • Green vibrance- single packets that are great for when I'm a little low on vegetables for the day or can't find a juice bar. Carry around in your bag, mix with a cup of water, and your good to go!
  • Vitamineral green- Green superfood powder I drink on an empty stomach in the morning before breakfast. It's super energizing, alkalizing and get's me on track for the day!
  • Greens superfood raw- I switch on and off between this powered and the vita mineral green powder. Both make me feel like i'm cleansed and ready to run a marathon even before breakfast! LOVE LOVE LOVE!



2. Nutritional Powders
  • Vega sport protein- my favorite protein powder to mix with almond milk or even just with water after a workout or yoga. These come in single packets to try first too!
  • Vega one nutritional shake- 3 servings of veggies, high amount of fiber, protein, omega-3's: basically "all the essentials. all-in-one". I like the french vanilla flavor!
  • Amazing meal- blend of protein and super foods(foods most nutrient dense). 



3. Snacks
  • Sprouted 100% whole grain pretzels- one word: DELISH. I snacked on these on the plane ride to italy! Tastes the same as regular pretzels except it's "sprouted"( because of the way the grains are processed it is easier to digest, retains more nutrients and has less gluten) & has good olive oil.
  • Almond butter squeezable packets- tiny packets to throw in your bag to hold you over in between meals for a healthy energizing snack. I love to pair these with a banana, apple or dates!
  • Vega one bars- an all in one nutrient kind of bar. Chocolate flavor for my daytime chocolate fix!
  • Go macro bars- best bar on the market in my opinion. Favorite flavors- sesame butter and dates, cashew butter, & almond butter and carob.

4. Tea
  • Ginger tea- great for reducing nausea, improving blood circulation, reducing stress, & improving digestion. I love to drink this after meals when my stomach feels a little out of whack!
  • Acai green tea- naturally energizing and full of antioxidants
  • Stevia- natural sweetener for my coffee and tea with no calories or sugar

These are my essentials-supplements that are convenient to bring with you for long car rides or plane rides for long vacations or even just a weekend trip away from your normal routine! Don't feel like while being away you have to throw away all your hard work and forget about your body. Truth is- your going to indulge a little bit but you can easily pack these items to avoid eating unhealthy plane food or gas station candy bars and greasy chips (YUCK NO THANKS!) You can easily get all of these items at Whole foods or order online and many are probably in other health stores.

Try some of them out and let me know what you think! Snack healthy and save your travel indulgences for the good stuff- like gelato!

Ciao Bellas!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment