Thursday, November 7, 2013

All Hail the Kale

This week might be coming to an end, but I think it's about time I start posting some recipes! What do you guys think? Hold onto that excitement for one more day though because the recipe isn't coming until tomorrow morning (less than 24 hours you can do it!!!) BUT in the mean time you can take guesses as to what will be the main ingredient in the recipe! I'll give you a hint...



Photograph by Alex Lepkowski

Was that too obvious? Ugh. Should have been more subtle...

My lips are sealed though as to what exact kale recipe it will be! Just know that my mouth is watering just thinking about it and it is a crowd pleaser for sure! 

Kale can be made into so many delicious dishes and I love experimenting with new recipes because of the amazing benefits it offers our bodies. This green vegetable is a superfood, which means that it is in a class of the most potent, super-concentrated, and nutrient-rich foods.... on the PLANET! Kale is full of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory benefits, cancer protective compounds, cholesterol lowering properties, flavonoids which ward off inflammation and oxidative stress, and supports the detoxification system. For all my vegetarian and vegan friends out there, kale is an excellent source of protein, iron, and calcium (things we often get a bad rep about not getting enough of!) And the list doesn't end there:




I can't wait to go to bed so I can share the Almighty Kale recipe with you in the morning!

Any guesses as to what recipe I will be posting tomorrow? Share Below!



No comments:

Post a Comment