Friday, November 8, 2013

The Almighty Kale Chip

Good morning & Happy Friday! Last night I made the decision that today will be Healthy & Happy Recipe Day!

If you had the chance to read my last post then you know today's recipe will be featuring kale!

It took me a while to narrow down which recipe I wanted to share first because there is an endless amount of delicious, mouth watering yummy dishes I have in store for you!!!

Today I decided on one of my favorite, simple and quick recipes that can be eaten as a side dish or as a snack. It is my pleasure to introduce (drum roll pleaseeeeee):


THE ALMIGHTY KALE CHIP.

Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-free & Diabetic friendly!


Kale chips are a PERFECT substitute for the traditional potato chip. Kale chips have amazing health benefits and the taste is just as good... trust me on this!!! You still get that crunchy and salty element but instead of eating regular chips with cancer causing agents, trans fats, and fat soluble preservatives, you get a bunch of NUTRIENTS instead!


I don't know about you but i'm all in for the swap! 

Disclaimer: There is a good chance that once these bad boys come out of the oven you will not be able to resist the urge to dive right in! You will most likely hover over the stove eating them right off the baking sheet instead of putting them on a plate and sitting down like a normal person. But don't worry... you're not in the minority if this happens to you!! haha happens EVERY time...


Prep Time: 5-8 minutes

Cook Time: 10-15 minutes


What you will need:

  • 1 tablespoon oil of your choice ( I like to use either coconut oil that I melt before hand or extra virgin olive oil, but you can also use a spray on coconut or olive oil)
  • 1 bunch of Kale
  • Seasonings of your choice (see below)

Directions:

  1. Remove the stem from the kale
  2. Add kale to a baking sheet
  3. Drizzle kale with oil 
  4. Sprinkle on your favorite seasonings (see below for recommended combinations)
  5. Bake in the oven at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until edges are brown but not burnt
  6. Enjoy!

The "Let's play it safe" Kale chip:

-sea salt

The "I like it Hot and Spicy" Kale chip:

-sea salt, crushed red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper

The "Sweet but Salty" Kale chip

-seat salt & cinnamon

The "BBQ" Kale chip

-paprika, chili peper, garlic powder, sea salt, & coconut palm sugar or organic brown sugar


I hope that you will give this recipe a shot! What is your favorite version of the kale chip? Share below and give it your own funky name!

No comments:

Post a Comment