Monday, June 30, 2014

6 Steps To Get Back On Track After A "Party" Weekend Of Indulging

Hey guys! Today's post is all about how to "have your cake and eat it too". How to be able to go out and enjoy yourself without restricting what you're eating or drinking. And then on the opposite spectrum, how to get back on track after a weekend of indulgences! Life's all about moderation, balance, and finding a happy medium between leading a healthy lifestyle and still being able to enjoy yourself!
The past two weeks I've had a lot of parties to attend (what can I say I'm a popular girl!) Between my sister Dana's graduation, her 18th birthday, and my boyfriend's cousin's engagement party, let's just say there was A LOT of indulging. Yep. Cake, cookies, alcohol: THE WORKS. And for me, this was not normal!!!
I used to obsess a little over eaten clean 100% of the time but now I'm a little more lax. Whereas a year ago, I wouldn't dream of putting a piece of cake in my mouth because I know how crappy it would make me feel and how it would make my blood sugar numbers so high  I'd be up all night, now I realize that sometimes it's okay. It's okay to enjoy yourself and bond with people over food or drinks that may not be the healthiest choice. And it's okay because once in a while isn't going to kill you and the next day you can just get back on track!
So after nights of these parties that I consumed more sugar and crap (crap that tasted amazing at the time, might I add!) than a kid in a candy store, I knew I had to give my body some tender, love and care! These are a few  things I do myself and that I highly recommend for you to do the day after a party weekend to get your healthy on !:
1.Start the day with a glass of warm water with lemon or green tea. (click the link for a past post I wrote not he benefits).
2. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Especially if you drank the night before, drink TONSSSS of water throughout the day! Flush out those toxins from the inside out!! Coconut water is great to rehydrate as well! CHUGGGG!

3. Move your body! Go for a walk outside, head to the gym, take a hot yoga class to sweat out the toxins. (I went rock climbing!)
4. Eat simple and natural foods. They will give you the vitamins you needs to restore and heal your body back to normal. Some of my favorites are: eggs, avocado, quinoa, sweet potato, fruit, raw vegetables, vegetable brothe based soups, green smoothies
spinach, beets, avocado, sunflower and sesame seeds, roasted red pepper, raw red pepper, red cabbage, red kidney beans. Dressing was squeezed lemon, olive oil and balsamic vinegar


5. Try to limit the salt intake and starchy carbs. (like pasta, pizza, ect.) You want the water and all the good foods you're eating to be able to be flushed out! Not blocked by starchy carbs hard on your digestion or by excess sodium that will slow down the water ridding your body of toxins.
6.Green powder. I mix a teaspoon of Spurilina with water on an empty stomach or between meals to get a fast absorption of this algae that is great for your skin, antioxidants, immune defense, and blood oxidation.

7.Don't beat yourself up. Health is more than just exercise and what you eat. It's mental too. Realize that if you eat healthy the majority of the time, once in a while won't kill you:)!

No comments:

Post a Comment