Wednesday, June 25, 2014

5 Tips For Learning How To Love & Accept Yourself, Right Now.



" It's hard to be happy about anything in life if you're not happy with yourself first"




A few weeks ago you read my post on how SO many of our emotions like stress, depression, and sadness stem from our tendency to compare ourselves to others and not think highly of ourselves. In that post I also talked about how we all would be so much happier if we could focus more on loving and accepting ourselves rather than putting ourselves down for not being "good" enough. Well, I'm telling you right now that you are. You are worthy enough. You are smart enough. You are beautiful enough. You are enough.

Sometimes I compare myself to others and when I do I feel really guilty. "Lauren, you know better than that!" But i'm only human. When this happens, what I try to do is make sure I nipp it in the butt! I stop for a second and return to the things that keep me grounded and connected to my inner self so that each time, comparing becomes less of a habit.

Here are 5 things ( from personal experience) you can start making a habit to learn how to love and accept yourself:

1. Happy talk!

In the morning before you get out of bed, or while you're in the shower, or making breakfast, or on the way to work, take 5 minutes (that's all it takes!) to close your eyes and breathe 10 slow inhales and 10 exhales. Clear your mind and say to yourself happy statements that YOU feel you need to strengthen your relationship with yourself. The words you say to yourself truly make a difference. What you think you create. I think its normal to pick apart the things we don't like about ourselves, so what we are doing is overruling those negative thoughts with positive ones( and say them with confidence too!) Here are some examples... 
  • I accept myself
  • I am enough
  • I am worthy of my family and friend's love
  • I am confident, compassionate and can do anything I set my mind to!


2. Be appreciative

Each day talk to your friends, family or to yourself about the things you are grateful for. Studies have shown that this actually alters your brain chemistry to make you happier! Remind yourself of how thankful you are for your talents, your beauty, your life.

3. Explore your passions

Your passions are your purpose. Every one of us have a passion, a hobby, that one thing that really sets our soul on fire and makes us feel like we can make a difference and that we are worthy! When you make time to do what makes your soul happy everything else will fall into place and you will be more confident with the person you are and not need acceptance from anyone else but you.


4. Let go

Let go of toxic people in your life. Surround yourself with positive people that inspire and make you feel great about yourself.

Let go of that little voice inside your head telling you you're not good enough because YOU ARE. Every time you have a though that is negative, acknowledge it, then take a deeeep breath in and out and say "Lauren, let it go. I am enough. I accept myself." (except say your name instead of mine! haha)

Let go of being critical of others. Send out love, lift people up, accept them for who they are. The same thing will find you in return.

5. Put things in perspective

At the end of your life do you want to look back and say "I wasted all my days worrying about how I thought I wasn't going to amount to anything...wasn't smart enough...wasn't skinny enough" NO! You want to look back and say I enjoyed moments having fun with my friends, and eating dinner with my family, and doing the things that I love. Sometimes you just have to put things in perspective and realize that when you strip away technology, and magazines, and tv, and mean comments, all that's left is you- a beautiful soul who deserves your love and acceptance no matter what stage of your life you are at.






We forget that just like every other part of our body, our minds need our love and attention. So with this information you can either put it in the back of your head or actively start practicing it today, right now. It's your choice. You have the tools...it's all in your hands!


xo
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment